Saturday, July 6, 2013

Melodic Gifts



It is four am, a gentle breeze slowly drifts into our room.  The moon is providing a soft delicate glow.  There are many melodic sounds filtering through our slotted, open windows.  There is a vast variety of soprano birds worshipping.  The rustling of the palms is producing an octave lower ryhthm.  The boisterous crashing of waves from the Pacific, as they encounter land for the first time in hundreds of miles, bring the never ending melodic cacophony To a crescendo.  All these happy melodic sounds are slowly stirring me 
to consciousness.  

It is the gift of a new day. My body is still vertical on the bed.  The warmth of the sun is making its way into this cubicle that I am residing in, this gift of shelter.  This new day is inviting me to arise and unwrap the many indelible moments it will bring me.  

As I grope along in the dark, I find my clothing and struggle to place it on my sticky body.  Finally dressed, I tiptoe down the stairs and silently close the door.  I am out and breathing the fresh 
morning air.  A new day opens its arms to me and I pause to celebrate this gift.  Stretching my arms open, I reach toward the sky and whisper, "Thank you Father for the possibilities, opportunities, and melodic gifts that this day will bring."

Isn't is simply wonderful to know that "He's got this!"

Have a splendiferous day!

The Plank-Eyed Girl









No comments:

Post a Comment