Thursday, May 8, 2014

Savoring Pink Snow Hurricanes


























Variegated, velvety soft, pink petals swirl from the sky.  I am being wrapped in a gently moving pink blanket hurricane.  Posing as a stone statue, I deeply drink in the deliciousful cherry blossom aroma.  As it fills my lungs, I become ultra aware of the gift of this sacred moment.

This week has held unexpected multiple medical appointments.  Apprehension has tried to hijack my thoughts.  It has taken all my mental energy to focus on the positive gifts that I am surrounded with.  This moment is a sacred moment.  I am aware that it may never come again.  So, I drink deeply as my lips offer thanksgiving.

In an instant, my feet are moving.  Twirling, leaping, pirouetting in the carpet of pink confetti petals.  Without reservation, my bones are remembering the moves learned long ago on two thin metal blades.  I am grateful for the agility that my body still possesses.  

Out of breath, I collapse onto the pink mossy grass. Giggling and realizing what a "Foolish-Looking Old Woman" I must be. My heart whispering thanks for the gift of these moments.  

May you realize what a gift each moment is that you are given.  Seize them with everything in you and then thank your creator.  Enjoy the gift of today!

Until we Chat Again,
The Plank-Eyed Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment